Sunday, July 18, 2010

Barb's Race 2 weeks away

It's been a while since I have written. Training is going really well. I am really enjoying the program that Andrew set up. A few things especially stand out: bike rides all around Sonoma county, long runs up to Annadel Park, and swimming in Lake Ilsanjo, and just exploring this area in general. I am constantly aware and in awe of what a beautiful place I live in. From the sun, to the redwood trees, the clear water to swim in, and the amazing places to bike; I feel so lucky.

My hamstring was hurting for a while, but that seems to have passed. When it was hurting, I think it was just from overdoing it, and not stretching. I took Arnica internally, put Arnica gel on it, took turmeric and cinnamon (turmeric is supposed to be anti-inflammatory), and I didn't eat gluten for over a week and stretched more, and ran last. Who knows which part of that routine helped, but it already feels better.

This week will be a little tough, with a few brick work outs, but I'm hoping I can find the time to do it all.

And, in less than 2 weeks, Barb's race. I went for a ride along Chalk Hill road, where we will be biking in the race, and it's not as bad as I heard. The hill itself isn't too steep, so I'm hoping it can be done.

More to follow soon.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on the race! I can't believe you and Andrea and Sarah are all doing halfs. I'm not ready yet. You guys amaze me. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...Chalk hill is a supa-easy! I went up in at Vineman and literally laughed when I got to the top and thought of you. It's nothing compared to what we've done. I can't believe I thought it was hard at one point. You're gonna do great, can't wait to see you again sooo soon!

    ReplyDelete