Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Why it's Important to Use Body Glide (or some equivalent)


Um, well, sorry about this image, but I just wanted to encourage everyone to use some kind of anti-neck chaffing material when wearing a wetsuit. I have a ring like this all the way around my neck (and the close ups are even grosser, and it kind of stings). I was wearing a surf wet suit on Saturday when I swam, but I didn't have a rash guard or anything on. It was a bit painful while swimming, and now, it's a little embarrassing and looks pretty strange. Learn something new all the time.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I had marks like that after Ironman Arizona.
    It's almost as painful as it looks.
    And even though I was eager to explain, few people dared to ask about it.
    By the way, I swam in a triathlon wetsuit, so the body glide is important no matter what kind of suit you're wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this photo Annie! I went to see Eclipse last night (for the 2nd time) and saw the Eat, Pray, Love trailer and thought of you and our rant. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. EW!!!!! Did Social Workers stop by the house?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch. We've all been there and it is not fun. Especially when you can feel the burning sensation half way through your swim!

    ReplyDelete