Sunday, August 29, 2010

Fundraising with Little Help from My Friends

To follow along with the Beatles' References, I wanted to mention an extraordinary and amazing fundraising event that Holly and Mark Pepper put on to help Triabetes. Holly is a Type 1 and Mark is her amazing husband who also happens to be a fantastic chef. They are both doing Iron Man St. George, so I'm sure you'll meet them.

A while back, shortly after I met them, they volunteered to put on a dinner at their house for friends, cook some amazing food, and charge for it, to help Triabetes, and my fundraising efforts.

I was touched that they wanted to do that, and agreed to even donate all of the food and much of the wine! And.... I am not joking when I say that I had the best meal I've ever had in my life. Here is the menu:

Amuse Bouche
Heirloom tomato puree with fina basil
---
Celery root soup, chanterelle muschrooms, micro arugula
---
Dungeness crab friiter, citrus, mango puree, micro cilantro
or
Maple vanilla glazed tofu, micro cilantro
---
Range Brothers pork loin, bacon cream, candied pecans, blistered tomatoes, king trumpet mushroom
or
King trumpet mushroom and fresh baby corn sautee, oyster mushroom cream, candied pecans, blistered tomatoes
---
Cheese and contrast
Cowgirl creamery Mt. Tam triple cream, frog hollow preserves, macrona almonds
---
Rasberry almond tart, meyer lemon curd

As you can imagine, it was delicious!! I am so appreciative of their efforts, touched by the generosity of them, and all of those that attended, and more committed than ever to continue to work to support the work that Triabetes and we are doing.

They are even up for hosting another one early next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment