Monday, October 4, 2010

Documentary, Updates

I am so excited to be a part of the upcoming documentary showing:

I look forward to seeing many familiar and new faces there.

Also, last week, I had the wonderful opportunity to meet with Keaton, my triabuddy! I also met Keaton's sister Kelsey, mother and father. I am so excited about getting to know all of them, and working with Keaton especially. I look forward to seeing them at the documentary.

Sunday, Oct. 10 is the Healdsburg Marathon, which I'm really looking forward to also. I am hoping to qualify for the Boston Marathon in this one, but have to remember that it's okay too if I don't. Last year I missed it by 7 minutes. We'll see.

More soon, but for now, please, if you can come to the documentary showing. The info is below.

Insulindependence Presents the San Francisco Premiere of the
Documentary
• 2.4 Mile Swim
• 112 Mile Bike
• 26.2 Mile Run
• 12 Type 1 Diabetics
• 1 Goal
Triabetes: “Give it a Shot”
In 2008, 12 people with type 1 diabetes set out to complete Ironman Wisconsin as part of a team called Triabetes. Triabetes has now grown to be the world’s largest triathlon club for people with diabetes, shattering presumed limitations and revolutionizing the way people approach diabetes management. Come meet current Triabetes members, and join us for an evening of inspiration, education and exploration as we follow these athletes and the kids who partnered with them for their journey to the finish line and beyond.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010 @ 7:00 PM
University of California San Francisco, Cole Hall
513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco 94143
Tickets are free; $5-10 donation welcome at the door.
To reserve a ticket, visit:
www.insulindependence.org
View "EVENTS" tab
Ticket questions: triabetesdoc@gmail.com
Insulindependence info@insulindependence.org
www.insulindependence.org

No comments:

Post a Comment