Monday, May 17, 2010

Not Running

Well, I still haven't gotten into the regular habit of writing in my blog, but hopefully soon. In the meantime, I have needing to get all of my triabetes info together, from ordering the kits, to the wetsuit, to a local event that i am planning on june 5, as well as june 12. Sometimes it's hard to keep all of the steps required for each event/task organized, unless a specific time each day is devoted to it.

On a different note, my knee hurts. This is the first time that I've actually not run for 3 consecutive days specifically because my knee hurts. I'm icing it, and swimming one-legged. I probably should go to the doctor, but I don't even know if Kaiser has a sports doctor, or who I would see. It's a little hard, as I really want to run, and I have a 1/2 marathon this coming Sunday. I am really trying to be responsible about it, and have not run at all. But it's hard to stick with something like that when you don't know 100% that that will solve it. I also don't know what a doctor would do besides an x-ray, and then I'm not sure I'd want the results of it.

So, I will try to call them and see what I can arrange. In the meantime, it's made me appreciate all the arm strength required in swimming when you are not using 1 leg. Maybe I can bike? i'm not sure. For now, I'm icing it a LOT.

More soon.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your knee issue is nothing serious. What kind of pain is it?
    I know what you mean about how hard it is to just stop running when you don't know if rest will help.
    And I'd be reluctant to talk to a doctor a few days before a race, because you're almost certain to be advised not to run.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi jerry,
    thanks for the comment. it's nice to know people are reading this.
    i think it was tissue damage. and now it feels better. but i have an xray that is an optin, and i'm not sure whether it's worth getting.
    how are things going for you?

    ReplyDelete