Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Windsor 1/2 Marathon

This weekend on Sunday, I did the Windsor 1/2 marathon. The course was amazing (i'll put up some pictures soon), the weather was perfect. my brother Chris was running, our friends Jed, Todd, and Jim, and it rocked! Although I didn't feel stellar, I completed it in 1:45. 8:02 minute miles. Not great, but that's okay. I am trying to figure out what's going on with my blood sugars. They seem to be a bit high. I felt pretty great though crossing that finish line. I feel like I'm getting in a little better shape now. And finally getting a little more organized. I'm really looking forward to getting together the Santa Rosa area community on June 5, and then the next weekend the Silicon Valley Triathlon. Also, I spoke to the directors of the Windsor 1/2 and they seemed open and interested in Insulindependence and possibly having it be a charity for next year. we'll see.

In the meantime, I'm exploring changing what I eat a little. I'm eating gluten again, which I was off for a while.

And, this morning I swam almost 2 miles, and ran 6 and feel awesome. If anyone has anything in particular that they'd like to read about, please let me know, because I do well to suggestions, and love to talk!

2 comments:

  1. 8:02 sounds pretty good for a 1/2 marathon. I averaged 8:48 for my first 10k today.

    Brian Phelps

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete